Delta 46-455 12-1/2 Inches 5-Speed Midi Lathe
Delta 46-455 offers the superior control, performance and capability of larger lathes. Featuring the first reversing benchtop lathe, a five-speed version. With a best in class swing capacity, the five-speed (46-455) benchtop lathe allow for the turning of a variety of decorative projects up to 12-1/2 inches in diameter. In addition, the lathes offer 16-1/2 inches of center-to-center capacity – allowing the turning of pieces ranging from long chair legs to short thimbles. Delta 46-455 reduces down time and increases productivity when switching between five-speed controls of 500, 950, 1,550, 2,700 and 4,000 RPM.
A patented quick-change belt tensioning system eliminates guesswork and belt slippage, while extending tool life, by reducing the steps to change speed ranges from seven to three. The belt tensioning system ensures smooth belt-pulley speed range transitions, accurate belt tension setting and maximum torque transfers. Power transfers are enhanced using wider belts with additional groves.
Spend $2,000 on Delta tools and accessories and get
Delta 46-455 Midi Lathe Features:
- Powerful 3/4 HP Max, 1,725 RPM motor.
- Large 12-1/2" swing capacity provides the largest capacity in its class.
- Easy front panel access to five speed controls (500; 950; 1,550; 2,700 and 4,000) reduces down time.
- Patented automatic belt tensioning system for easy and quick speed changes and sets the belt at the correct tension every time for maximum power transfer and longer tool life.
- Indexing pin to lock the head stock spindle in 24 different locations for fluting and other decorative applications.
- Includes 3" face plate, 6" tool rest and 10" tool rest.
- Over Headstock On/off switch provides easy in use access.
- All cast-iron construction provides stability and is extremely durable.
- With a maximum distance between centers of 16-1/2" the MIDI LATHE turns objects as long as a chair leg or as short as a thimble. With the bed extension the MIDI LATHE can turn bed posts, stair spindles, baseball bats and any dimension up to xx".
- Ball-bearing live center for smooth turnings.
- Available accessory extension bed increases spindle center distances from standard 14-1/2" to 37".
- Extension Bed (Model 46-xxx) is a xx" long cast-iron bed that increases the overall bed length of the 46-455 to xx" when attached. Capacity equals xx".
- Heavy-duty, steel knockout bar.
- 4 Groove Belt provides superior power to turn large objects.
- Large up front belt access allows the user to easily change speeds.
- On board storage for easy access to adjustment tools.
- 6" and 10" Tool Rests provides tool support in a variety of turning applications.
Delta 46-455 Specifications:
- Motor: 3/4 HP Max, 120V, 60 HZ, 1 Phase
- Motor Control: ON/OFF Switch
- Speed: 500; 950; 1,550; 2,700 and 4,000 rpm
- Swing over bed: 12-1/2 "
- Swing Over Base: 9-9/16 "
- Distance between Centers: 16-1/2"; With Extensions 42 "
- Drive spindle thread count: 1" -8 RH TPI Thread
- Drive spindle through hole: 15/32 "
- Head and tailstock taper: #2MT MT
- Tailstock through hole: 13/32" Self-ejecting "
- Tailstock spindle travel: 2-1/4 "
- Tool rest: 6" and 10 "
- Length: 36 "
- Width: 11 "
- Height: 17 3/4 "
- Weight: 93 lbs